Bryan-College Station has come a long way since it grounded its reputation as the small town on the sleepy Brazos river that hosts Texas A&M University. With an ever-growing population and thriving neighborhood communities such as Creek Meadows Estates and Manors, and Carter’s Crossing that provide lifestyle amenities to boot, the Bryan-College Station area has never been a better place to call home. As a Bryan College Station custom home designer, we spend the vast majority of our days in new home construction or and move in ready homes, but we also know how to get around in this not-so-small town. So today, we’re throwing down the blueprint on what to do in the Brazos Valley.
1. Tour Campus: Texas A&M’s campus is strikingly beautiful. From ornate architecture to the famed Century Tree, there truly is a spirit “that can ne’er be told” about these grounds.
2. Walk and Shop the Downtown Bryan: First Friday in downtown Bryan is straight out of an “Andy Griffith Show” episode. Delicious eats, live music, and new and familiar faces make this the Friday night hot spot in the Brazos Valley.
3. Eat your Heart Out: From fine cuisine to late night college grub, the Brazos Valley has a full palette to please every grumbling stomach. Christopher’s World Grille or the Republic Steak House will serve those with a taste for the finer things in life, while Antonio’s Pizza will lure you in from blocks away with their thick aroma.
4. Santa’s Wonderland: People from far and wide caravan to the tunnel of lights that are beaming with holiday spirit. Don’t worry about packing snacks, there are plenty of treats and hot cocoa that will make as perfect road trip bites on your way home!
5. Fall Parade of Homes: The BCS Home Builders Association hosts this parade of palaces every year, and it’s a great source of inspiration for both new home construction and existing home renovation.
Since 2007 Magruder Homes has been proud to call the Bryan-College Station area home, and we’re even more proud to welcome new folks into our quaint community. Specializing in custom home design and spec homes, we’ve made a tradition out of being a trusted name in home construction in the Brazos Valley.
Find us on Facebook to keep up to date with what we’re building, or contact us today to break ground on your new home!